On March 14, for the first time, European citizens will be able to take a front seat in the meetings where their future is decided: DiEM25’s #EuroLeaks will take YOU inside the Eurogroup that has no standing in law, but where the most far-reaching decisions about all our lives are made.
WHY AND WHY NOW?
– Because YOU have the right to hear what YOUR elected officials are deciding in YOUR name. Democracy without transparency is impossible. If you do not know what your elected officials are doing on your behalf, you cannot pass judgement on them.
– Because what happened in Greece back in 2015 is typical of the EU’s approach to all crises – across Europe.
– Because in the age of “fake news,” accurate, unfiltered information is the only way to upend low-transparency centres of power and fend off propaganda.
– Because Brexit was largely propelled by the unacceptable decision-making process at the heart of the EU. #Euroleaks will also provide invaluable insights into how flimsily crucial decisions for the world economy are reached. Learning these lessons is a prerequisite for transforming Europe, and DiEM25’s #Euroleaks is a service to democrats around the world.
– Because we as DiEM25 don’t take “no” for an answer and we’re willing take on the Establishment everywhere, at the ballot box like we did with European Spring, in court like we did in our lawsuit against the ECB, and on the streets like we did last month to support our Advisory Panel member and transparency champion Julian Assange.
– Because only RADICAL TRANSPARENCY will help us democratise Europe and legitimise its institutions.
WE NEED YOU FULLY ONBOARD
There is only one way we are funding this action, and that is from LOTS and LOTS of people like you making small donations.